This new campaign idea is not for those who try to adhere to the canon of the Star Wars universe. During the battle of Endor, or Yavin if you prefer, the Empire succeeds and Luke and friends are destroyed by Darth Vader and the Death Star. The party are rebels involved in the battle that manage to retreat with the other forces. In the aftermath it is now up to them to bring the Rebellion together and stop the Empire.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Without any of the main leadership it is possible that the rebellion will initially collapse, leaving the players with the task of reforming it.
- This campaign will give a great opening for players of commander and diplomat characters to really shine as they use their skills to rally other possible allies and command the forces in battle.
- This campaign can be as number and micromanage heavy as the group wants it to get with players managing their forces and supplies or assigning someone else to do it.
- Conversely, the party can choose to stay together as a small strike force and attempt to use the fall of the Alliance to lower the Emperor’s guard. Then they can sneak on and destroy the Death Star, and possibly the Emperor and Vader, themselves.
- At this point the galaxy will be in a state of panic and people will be too scared to help without the right influence.
- It is possible that, now that the Empire is reigning supreme, the party could convince what’s left of the Hutt Cartel and Black Sun to join forces to help overthrow them. The hutts’ funding would be invaluable for the group.
- Mass Effect 2 and 3 are good influences to look at for this campaign since they deal with convincing other governments to lend their military aid, particularly in Mass Effect 3.
- With the death of Luke there is an opening for a Force sensitive player character to feel the call of the Force and become the ‘Chose One’, in a sense.
- Another option for the party is to retreat to the Outer Rim or Unknown Regions and begin searching for ancient artifacts and ancient weapons. If the group wants to go particularly off the rails they could discover another Star Forge or other Rakatan super tech, such as the Infinite Engine.